Published: Tuesday, 5 May 2020
Quarantine is all about learning about yourself and trying new things. This week, challenge yourself to make some new recipes in the kitchen! Let’s start small with some quick and easy 5-minute healthy snacks that you and your entire Quarantine Crew will enjoy.
Below are the most-fun to make and most delicious snacks for you to eat in-between your classes, work and sleep time. Don't forget to tag @CSULBASI on Instagram when you put together your snacks!
- Peanut Butter Energy Bites: This simple no-bake recipe is a great snack for busy workdays.
Instructions: Pulse dates in a blender/food processor until they become small. Add in the remaining ingredients until fully combined. Then roll into 1-inch balls using your hands. Let them set in the fridge for 15-minutes or eat fresh!
- 1 cup of dates
- 3 tablespoons of peanut/almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 2/3 cup of oats
- Optional: ¼ cup of chocolate
- The Freshest Guacamole: This recipe is sure to be a household favorite, use it as a dressing for meals and a go-to staple for your fridge.
Instructions: Mash the avocadoes and chop up the vegetables. Then mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and serve.
- 3 avocados
- 1 ½ teaspoons of lemon
- ¼ cup of tomatoes + ¼ cup of onion + ¼ cup of cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder + Add salt to your liking
- Optional: baby carrots, tortillas chips, pita bread
- Chocolate Banana Nice-Cream: A step-up from smoothie and a healthy twist on traditional ice-cream.
Instructions: Combine all the ingredients in a blender/food processor. Pulse at 30 second intervals then open the lid and mix ingredients with a spoon and blend until fully combined. It should be a thick, ice-cream-like consistency when finished.
- 2 frozen bananas + ½ cup of frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- Optional: Add flaxseeds, chia seeds or oats for a more filling mixture. Top with coconut chips, cacao nibs or nut butter.