Beach Pride Events is the event and entertainment programming arm of Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) and the University Student Union (USU). Beach Pride Events is charged with producing a recurring schedule of quality programs in the USU, the campus and local community, in conjunction with ASI; such as concerts, guest lectures, films, comedy shows, multicultural, educational, civic engagement, and special events specifically targeted to enhance the college experience for the students of Long Beach State University. Beach Pride Events will also produce traditional campus-wide events such as: Week of Welcome, Smorgasport, ASI Big Event, and An Evening With.
Beach Pride Events operates as a student council and maintains a high standard of quality events aimed at enhancing the collegiate experience of all students on campus. The council is comprised of students from across campus who work hard to develop, plan and execute a large variety of events. Being part of the team not only offers students plenty of professional development opportunities, but it also allows the chance to gain hands-on experience in leadership, event planning, time management and networking.
Beach Pride Events holds weekly council meetings open to all LBSU students on Mondays at 4 p.m. Beach Pride Events council meetings are held in-person and are subject to change. Meeting information, agendas and minutes are accessible on the Beach Pride Events Events & Orgs page on your SSO.
Want to volunteer with the team?
Beach Pride Events has several opportunities to be involved! Volunteers are exposed to and trained in all facets of event planning and programming, including program development, budgeting, marketing, event management and program evaluation. There are two volunteer opportunities within Beach Pride Events: general event volunteer and student representative council member. Students can find information on these opportunities, volunteering with ASI in general, and the application on the ASI Volunteer Website!
General Event Volunteers
General event volunteers help at the events, this includes activities like set-up, running event check-in, hosting activities, moderating events, and much more. These are the students who help the event run!
- When filling out the application, select “Beach Pride Events (General Event Volunteer)."
- General Event Volunteers are able to volunteer at events hosted by Beach Pride Events.
- General Event Volunteers are welcome to attend council meetings on Mondays from 4 – 5 p.m. throughout the academic year.
BPE Council Student Representative
Student representative council members attend the Beach Pride Events council meetings and serve for one academic year term as voting members on the board. They are responsible for reviewing and approving allocation of event budgets, selection of programs, and planning of Beach Pride Events programs in coordination with staff.
- Serve for one (1) academic year
- Receive a scholarship of up to $1,600
- Provide a vote, guidance, and recommendations on the planning and execution of all events
- Are able to volunteer at events hosted by Beach Pride Events
- Are able to participate in our mentor-mentee program with our staff and professional development
- Are required to be at council meetings on Mondays from 4 – 5 p.m. throughout the academic year
- Are required to maintain a minimum of five (5) service hours per week
- Must have a 2.0 minimum GPA
- Upon completing volunteer orientation, you will be notified if positions are available with the council
- To apply for the position of Beach Pride Events Council Student Representative, please fill out the Volunteer Application form here on the ASI Involve page. The option you would currently select is “Beach Pride Events Board Member”.
Interested in performing on campus?
If you are interested in bringing entertainment to California State University, Long Beach please send us a Performers’ Packet, which is a packet that can either be submitted electronically via e-mail or mailed to us with the following:
- Bio of band/artist/entertainer
- 3 sample songs or video footage
- Previous university engagement/gigs
- Number of band members
- Contact information
- Asking price
- Dates of availability
Interested in collaborating on an event?
Interested in being a vendor at an event?
Programs we bring to you